My Pages

Saturday, January 8, 2011

The Unknown Hood Ornament

I finally listed the hood ornament!  I've been researching this thing for a full 2 days now. First I checked on eBay and found one similar (but not exact) on completed listings...it was a 1933 Olds.  Then I emailed my son-in-law,  who said it was a 1954 Buick.  I'd already been on various sites that show the different (there are soooo many!) but when I searched for a '54 Buick, it just wasn't the same--the '54 had upturned wings.

I put a picture on Facebook and got a few suggestions...one friend suggested it looked like an old Cadillac piece. I talked to the old guy around the corner who knows old cars...he said it looked a lot like an Oldsmobile.

So I listed it with a few question marks--and even revealed my ignorance in the description...would you believe it got a bid in the first 6 hours it was listed!!!

Now I'm second-guessing myself:  Did I start it too low?  I don't think so, but we'll see how it turns out in 6 days....check it out yourself:   Vintage Hood Ornament

No comments:

Post a Comment