My Pages

Saturday, January 22, 2011

What would you do for $5?

I learned about a unique site yesterday--fiverr.com.  People post what they will do for you for just $5--and if it's a service you need, you can take advantage of their offer.  Payment is made thru Paypal.

It's a free service--the site owners make their money when you pay for the service. You pay through their Paypal account, and they forward just $4 to the other person when the deal is completed, keeping $1 for themselves! 

The site seems to be popular.  I looked through a few of the listings (there are 2491 pages of 20 listings each as I write this) and found someone who will write your child a letter from the Easter Bunny, people who will hold up a sign with any message in front of a variety of famous landmarks, someone who will teach you Chinese in 20 minutes, people who will draw your caricature from a photo, psychics will answer questions, people will proofread your college papers, and there's even a girl who will pretend to be your girlfriend on Facebook for a week. 

I might try one of the people who make a picture from my photo...or maybe I'll get a cover design for my book that I haven't written yet...or get Bill Clinton to wish someone Happy Birthday on the phone...or even better--a birthday card from the Queen, mailed from London!

No comments:

Post a Comment