My Pages

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Question of the Day

Gwen sent me a question yesterday:
Hey, Rae. How are you today? I just had a quick question:
Well, first a scenario. I ordered a pizza peel from a guy on eBay. I know a lot of folks use drop-ship resources and he does say he's a "distributor" but when I tried using a drop-shipper years ago, I used one that would send my customer an invoice in my name only, not using the dropship company's name. This guy uses Sam's Club as his drop-shipper (at least for this kind of item).

When I got my peel, it had a packing slip in there for the guy that sold it to me. I figured I could have ordered it through Sam's club if I'd looked to see that they had these. Granted, I probably got it cheaper through him, because of his reseller ability. But I wanted to get your thoughts on this. Do you think it's ok what he's doing or should I privately contact him and tell him that this turned me off?  I left good feedback already--it did arrive in a good time, it's in new condition, etc. but I thought about private messaging him, or something.

A Pizza Peel (I always used to call it a paddle, but I guess I'll use the right term from now on!)
And, I wrote back to her:
How odd!  I always look at the seller's feedback numbers to determine how long (approximately) he's been selling on eBay.  If he's a newbie (anything under 200 in my estimation), I'd just chalk it up to inexperience on his part.   Still, it seems to me that perhaps he ordered it direct and neglected to remove the invoice... You're right--it is tacky, but I probably wouldn't mention it; just keep it in mind whenever you sell something :).

No comments:

Post a Comment