My Pages

Monday, December 6, 2010

Packing Fragile Items

You want to make sure that your package arrives to your customer in the same condition you sent it.  That seems easy enough. But sometimes I have received a poorly packaged item.
Here's how I pack, and it's how I suggest you pack too:


This shows the item inside a box (the blue box), where it has its own layer of styrofoam or other cushioning. Then that box is surrounded by two to three inches of additional cushioning, and that's inside another box.

Nothing is perfectly safe, of course, but so far I have had no items damaged while being shipped to a customer when it's been packed this way. On the other hand, I have received sometimes damaged items and that happened because the packing wasn't good enough for the chance of rough handling.

No comments:

Post a Comment